Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7 problems with other computer software

• Please log in to reply

fliboi

fliboi

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I recently installed IE7 on my computer and my the printer I have installed Officejet 6210xi has software for unsing the printer, fax, and scanner (ie., HP Director and Image Zone). I can double click on my icon for HP Director and nothing happens. I am supposed to be able to see the images so I can scan, print, or fax but nothing. Before IE7 was installed all my programs worked and with speed. Is there a fix for this problem.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use HP Chat for your region. They should let you know if any software needs updating

http://ipgweb.cce.hp...t...B.x=8&cc=us

fliboi

fliboi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I tried to cha with hp but get a MSN Messenger error and computer needs to close program. I didn't get all these error messages until I installed IE7

evilwizard

evilwizard

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

I tried to cha with hp but get a MSN Messenger error and computer needs to close program. I didn't get all these error messages until I installed IE7

Same here, though other problems have been popping up after IE7 install.. I have read recently that IE7 has some problems, but xp with auto updates will install it unless you stop it.

I too would like to know how you can prevent all the errors caused by IE7

Just about the same errors as the above quote.. Thank you..

Just some added problems with IE7 install...

Outlook Express - errors

Browsing errors.

Messenger errors

Even had one that updates could not be done.

Edited by evilwizard, 28 December 2006 - 08:46 AM.