Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Used R-Studio to recover the data now the data is corrupted and recove

• Please log in to reply

Rebel_Tyrone

Rebel_Tyrone

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Howdy all,

Recently i had a driver fail in my Computer Windows XP pro sp2 2600 and the contents of the drive failed to read i pluged it into a second system it faild to read to so me and a Tech mate used R-Studio to recover the data of the drive and save it to a clean new drive. Now my problem being is all files are corrupted for example.

1) All the Directory structure of the hardrive and the tree of folders are all scrambled
2) Music files just simply dissapeard
3) A majority of files have duplicate names and some times triple names
(E.g) File.doc File.doc(1) File.doc(2) Almost like when recovering it was told to rename file names instead of over writing
4) Photos Show fine in Thumb nails but are Scrambled in preview mode
5) Word Excel, PDF, PSD and a few other file formats are all jibberish or part files like one a story about the heritage festival ends in the middle of my resume.
6) Desktop.ini file appears in almost every empty folder

Other File types and samples to help you better understand avaliablke upon request
PLEASE HELP
Some seriously scrambled eggs this drive is.....
Id like to know is anyone able to give some adsistance, Advice, or idears to recovering any or all of the scrambled Corrupted data

Many Thanks in Advanced Hope Y'All had a great Xmas and here comes a Even better & Happier New Year

From Tyrone & The RV Team Cheers

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
When you use file-recovery software it can't guarantee to recover all files intact, and if the filename is not complete (which means it's partially damaged) it has to give it a new name in order to recover what is left.

It's because computer data is not 100% safe on one disk that wise people keep backups. I fear your data is gone for good this time. Let it be a lesson to you --- BACK UP!

Rebel_Tyrone

Rebel_Tyrone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the Speedy reply Pip i Do hjave Backups but i was due tp do the last months one when it crashed and ive recoverd 50% of the data using Nucleus Kernel Software i know its gone for good to the best of my knowlege but hey im a persistant bugger so i will try to recover as much of the non backed up stuff i can even if its partial content... Memory starters

Was just hoping that with technology advancing somone spart cookie may have a solution or automatic Magnetic reversal software or this Reblocking software ive been told about

Once again thankyou