Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Wireless Network authentification question

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I installed a wireless access point in my house and was curious as to how I could go about setting up the environment so in order to use the wireless access point you would have to authenticate with a user name and password? I'm not sure how to go about doing this.
I'm thinking you probably would need to use a windows sever O/S and set up active directory and have the domain controll control authentification? Just curious as to generally how you would set something up like that. Thanks =) Just trying to broaden my knowledge.

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you want to have control over who has access to your wireless network, why not set up the wireless router to use either WEP or WSK security? Then every wireless device that tries to access it would need to know the key before it would allow them to connect.