Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network authentification question

• Please log in to reply

fear187

fear187

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I installed a wireless access point in my house and was curious as to how I could go about setting up the environment so in order to use the wireless access point you would have to authenticate with a user name and password? I'm not sure how to go about doing this.
I'm thinking you probably would need to use a windows sever O/S and set up active directory and have the domain controll control authentification? Just curious as to generally how you would set something up like that. Thanks =) Just trying to broaden my knowledge.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you want to have control over who has access to your wireless network, why not set up the wireless router to use either WEP or WSK security? Then every wireless device that tries to access it would need to know the key before it would allow them to connect.