Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Understanding Computers

• Please log in to reply

Qorayah

Qorayah

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I am trying to understand the GHz, GB, Mb and KB. Can someone explain to me a way I might understand how many of each equals the other. Thank you in advance.My general question, Is GHz bigger then GB?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
1000KB =1 Mb
1000MB= 1 Gb
GB stands for Gigabyte
Gb stands for Gigabit
GZ stands for Gigahertz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigabyte
Johanna

Qorayah

Qorayah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you so much that helped.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Something to remember is that Gigahertz (GHz) is always used for The CPU processor speed while Gigabyte is used to specify a Size of hard drives. So a Intel processor is a 3.0 gigahertz processor( hertz is a unit of frequency) and a western digital hard drive would wb a 250 gigabyte Hard drive(unit of information or computer storage).

SRX660

Qorayah

Qorayah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Oh, Ok I get it now. Thank you..I did think it had to do with space but I understand now that it has to do woth speed.