Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ActiveX errors

• Please log in to reply

willisbro

willisbro

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have 2 separate programs that are giving me errors. One is a 429 ActiveX component can't create object

On a separate program it gives me a runtime error 80044281 error saving application. I have never got to run this program yet. On the second, I have uninstalled and reinstalled.
I noticed these errors after I installed the latest Norton Security. But I did also make some deletions to some registry keys due to some spyware. I could have possibly done something there. My question is a 3 parter.
1. Can I re-install all Activex files only?
2. Can I fix the problem by re-installing Windows?
3. If so will I lose any files or data by re-installing?

Most other programs seem to be working well.

Please Help. It is driving me nuts

Thanks
Willis

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You can run the Windows 'System File Checker' which will check if any vital system files are missing or corrupted. Start>Run. Type SFC and press enter.

When you re-install Windows you will lose all files that are currently on that partition, so if you go that route you must back up all your own stuff first if you don't routinely do that (and you should!). It will almost certainly solve the problems you're having but is like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Only as a last resort if nothing else works and you just get plain fed up with trying to fix it.

Edited by pip22, 28 December 2006 - 10:42 AM.

willisbro

willisbro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I ran SFC but it ran so fast that I barely saw a glimpse of a black screen. It did not stay visible. The programs are still acting the same. I also ran a MDAC repair program I found online. That did nothing either. I am not sure what my next move should be. I don't know enoough about the Activex files to know how to list them all. I did do a regsrv on a da0360 file

what else can I do?
Thanks

easygoer66

easygoer66

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Also unable to open a program I installed. It's a security CCTV program. Received a 'run-time error 429 activeX component can't create object' Reloaded program, ran SFC, nothing changed. Any help would be appreciated.