Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[RESOLVED] Windows File Extracting Error

• Please log in to reply

mrdrphil007

mrdrphil007

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I've been trying to install Windows Media Player 11, but it keeps giving me this (attachment) error. As you can see, I am not low on disk space or memory. I've tried changing my page file and redownloading, but it gives me the same error. Can anybody help me out?

EDIT - this is my first time installing a RAID-0 setup, so this error might be related to that. I'm still getting random BSODs at times... :whistling:

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

Edited by mrdrphil007, 29 December 2006 - 02:36 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Judging from the screenshot, it looks like you are performing a copying process of mp3 files. If you are trying to install Windows Media Player at the same time this could be the cause of low memory. You should always close any other applications or file-copying processes when you are about to install something.

Edited by pip22, 28 December 2006 - 01:49 PM.

mrdrphil007

mrdrphil007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Nevermind. Somehow, firefox got corrupted by my raid-0 array. I installed new Silicon Image drivers and reinstalled firefox. Everything is good now. Firefox was corrupting my downloads. Thanks anyway.