Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Radeon 9800 PRO

• Please log in to reply

Apocryphia

Apocryphia

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Over my months of searching the internet, there seem to be a lot of common problems with the ATI 9*** series graphics cards.

My problem, however, is fairly difficult to explain and with such i'm assuming it isn't normal. Basically, in 3D games these little square green based figures start overtaking where another graphic should be until eventually the screen freaks out and gives some sort of scan line effect with giant spiky renders flipping and spinning all over the place. (and rather quickly on some more intense games, ie Guild Wars took under 2 minutes)

Ultimately, it requires a reboot to rid of it.

Should i take my computer in to get checked or is this likely an issue with graphic settings?

Advertisements

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hello Apocryphia,

Your graphic card may not be supported my the games you are tring to play there for the game is stuffing up.
It could also be that your graphic card is overheating? What sort of cooling system do you use for gaming?

Jazza