Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Card equivalent?

• Please log in to reply

toebar20

toebar20

• Pip
  • 5 posts
What is the Radeon equivalent to the Geforce 7600GT?

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Radeon X1800
James

Edited by james_8970, 29 December 2006 - 07:25 PM.

toebar20

toebar20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
That card is a pci and i need agp.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
AGP is a dead technology,
For what ever minimum requirements you need these cards for, here they are. ATI will not offer enough juice for you, they simply are not making any high end AGP graphics cards.

NVIDIA GeForce 7800GS
ATI Radeon X1650 Pro
NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS

Note: the bottom two are just below the equivalent of the 7600GT, if the 7600GT is infact a minimum requirement for an application, your only bet is the NVIDIA GeForce 7800GS. But you don't give me enough information to know whether is is or not.

Really the NVIDIA GeForce 7800GS is your only option, and for the price that your probably going to end up paying for them, you'd probably be better off upgrading your motherboard. It not really worth what your getting for your money anymore, demand is outpacing supply for these cards, because both company don't want to be stuck with these. Not to mention there is now VERY little demand for this dead thechnology. To be honest, i think these are the last cards that will be avaible, there is no market for newer AGP cards.
Just my two cents.
James

Edited by james_8970, 30 December 2006 - 02:15 PM.