Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Feeling ignored!

• Please log in to reply

TJ Drifter

TJ Drifter

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I would think that posts asking for help would be handled by staff on a first come first served basis, however this is not true for me!!!

This is the second time I have posted here for help and the second time I see my post go unanswered for days while others who posted 1,2 or 3 days after me get quick response! I was unable to retrieve my password from the first time I registered, so my first visit isn't on this post history, but I can assure you it is true and very irritating!

Is this typical?

thanx for any response this post draws.
TJ

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
We here at Geekstogo are sorry for that.

Remember, we are all volunteers, but I will be happy to answer your problem.

If you still have the problem, start a new topic.

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
I'm sorry but I have the same problem, esspecially in Malware. I will post and it's been 4 days now no answer. Post in the waiting room... no answer. I do relise that we are all volunteers but guys you all cannot be offline for 4 days straight.

Can we move this to Geeks to go feed back please!!

Edited by Jazza, 30 December 2006 - 12:45 AM.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
But it is the holidays.

People are on vacation and are spending time with families.

TJ Drifter

TJ Drifter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
sry for posting this on the wrong forum. didn't notice a feedback forum, my bad. can this thread be removed or locked?
thanx,
TJ

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
OK, I just relised that but do you relise this does not happen only now it will happen all of the year and probly the years to come AND WILL SOMEONE MOVE THIS TO GEEKSTOGO FEEDBACK!!! (Does anyone know where I can get a Fatal1ty Gaming Keyboard?)

Edited by Jazza, 30 December 2006 - 12:51 AM.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Well why was this post even placed here in the first place.

I requested for a moderator to move it.

I dont know about your keyboard.

Try tigerdirect or something.

You should start a new topic. asking for that is totally off the subject here.

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Asking multiple times within minutes to move a thread is not very helpful, especially at 1 am.

TJ Drifter: Your post may have been overlooked, feel free to post in the waiting room.

Jazza, being a GeekU trainee you should know the workload we have to deal with here. If you are only interesting in complaining, let me know.

Thread moved.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
All of your questions are already answered here.

http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=120320

If you have not received help in 3 days and you don't post in the waiting room, you can see who's fault that is. All the avenues are here for you to receive help, you just need to take them.

Ps, there are now over 2 Hundred Thousand members registered here. There are about a hundred active staff members. As you may see, we are slightly outnumbered. Add to that the holidays and all that goes with it, I really cant understand your need to complain.

Jazza, I am especially disappointed with you. Being in Geek U you should know what we have to deal with. I will expect to see much better from you very shortly for you to keep your current status.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Thats highly unacceptable to complain for that status, I mean he is in Geek U for crying out loud! I cant believe by now how he knows how busy it is and it is very tight this time of year... we all have families... we are volunteers and this isnt a full time job. we dont get paid or anything. we do this on our own time and we have fun with it!

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
When i last looked there where 56 257 Topics or people that got help in the past for malware related problems. We only have about 75 malware staff members. So i must say i'm pretty proud of the commitment those people have put forward and continue to do so.
James

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Also, more geeks everyday are learning of fighting malware. Maybe you should do some research and sign up for Geek U. Heck I am even doing a littlle research myself.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Often it just depends on the nature of the question in relation to ones knowledge, I look at all the new questions in hardware and if it is either something I don't know at all or something that is best answered by someone still learning the ropes I let be but I still take a lot of interest in the replies given if given because please understand that in order to be able to answer the questions most members have to first make a very large list of canned answers that is not just cut-pasting them but actually rewriting them in one own way in order to be ready for the next time that that same question arrives; one thing I can promise is that those questions that I cannot answer are not ignored, no they get more attention than those to which I can reply to.