Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Favorite band!

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it changes based on the day...but some of my favorites that i never get tired of:

Acid Bath (one of my all time favorites...and they're from louisianna...how could they be bad?)

Motorhead (AWESOME...if you buy only one motorhead CD get "no sleep till hammersmith"...it's got alot of their best stuff like "ace of spades", "Capricorn", "Road Crew", "Overkill", etc... it's also one of the few...if not the only...live albums that i actually like.....they may not have invented cool...but they certainly perfected it)

The Black Keys (if you buy only one of their CDs...you're stupid...buy all of them...each one is their best work...seriously)

Arctic Monkeys (...they're mokeys for christ's sake!)

Interpol

The White Stripes

Tool (always tool...always)

They Might Be Giants (i've got at least 12 of their cds....my girlfriend HATES them)

Flock of Seagulls (yeah...that's right... i ran...i ran so far awaaaay-aay-aayy)

Edited by dsenette, 04 January 2007 - 08:10 AM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

Arctic Monkeys (...they're mokeys for christ's sake!)

Interpol

The White Stripes

Tool (always tool...always)

They Might Be Giants (i've got at least 12 of their cds....my girlfriend HATES them)

Yes to all of those except for TMBG - I have never really liked them.

kh1+2

kh1+2

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
well i got to admit i also listen to simple plan and stained oh yeah and offspring

(in fact i just noticed that all bands i do like are rock or nu-metal)

and i almost forgot one other band, the one....... the only....... queen :whistling:

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
dsenette likes tool! YAY!

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
I like a wide variety of bands, and except for a core group, my likes and dislikes are subject to change without notice or warning.

U2 (awesome live show! - caught the Elevation Tour in Dallas - No Doubt opened - been listening to them since they first released in US)
The Cure (awesome live show! - been listening to them since they first released in US)
The Police (would have given I don't know what to have seen them before they split!)
Paul Simon
Our Lady Peace
Hoobastank (good live show - they were opening for Nickelback so they only played 40 minutes - like 1st album mega best, 2nd album next, 3rd album medium but it's growing on me)
Hinder (great stage presence)
Sum 41 (awesome live show!)
Dropkick Murphys (extremely entertaining live show - caught them at Warped Tour 2005)

And of course, The Beatles (White Album my fav of all time - possibly).

Sorry if this is TMI.

Edited for spelling....

Edited by LindaGail, 05 January 2007 - 10:35 PM.

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
It is almost impossible for me to name a band as my "favorite."

I just absolutely love all kinds of music.

I figured I would spare all of you and narrow it down to five, based off of the band's entire carreer (until this date) vs. one CD or a few CDs.

As I Lay Dying -
Evergreen Terrace -
Joe Bonamassa -
Black My Heart -
Hatebreed -

I do not know if many of you listen to/heard of these bands, but they are five bands that I have enjoyed every released (or un-released) song they have made, enjoy their live performance, and listen to all the time.

-Silenced Message

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
silencedmessage,

I have heard of as i lay dying and hatebreed, but I have not listen to them as much, as for the others, never heard of them what kind of Genre are they?

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

silencedmessage,

I have heard of as i lay dying and hatebreed, but I have not listen to them as much, as for the others, never heard of them what kind of Genre are they?

Joe Bonamassa is actually blues. Strange how he got thrown in there :blink:

Evergreen Terrace and Black My Heart are called "hardcore". I personally try to stay away from using labels like that... they have just spiraled out of control.... everything is "x-core" now. :whistling:

-silenced message

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Hatebreed -

ever seen them live? it's a pretty good show...but if you like your teeth...stay away from the front of the stage

on the same lines of hatebreed have you heard nothingface? also a great live show

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
A few weeks ago, I went to go see Aussiefloyd. They are a tribute to pink floyd, but they sound exactly like the real pink floyd. Sometimes I wish they would get back together :whistling:

Heres there site.
http://aussiefloyd.com/

Advertisements

kh1+2

kh1+2

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
anyone like red hot chilli peppers? i like some of their songs but only a few

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

ever seen them live? it's a pretty good show...but if you like your teeth...stay away from the front of the stage

on the same lines of hatebreed have you heard nothingface? also a great live show

lol, I did one better than that, my band opened for them :whistling: (it was a very small club a couple years back... but still)

And it is not the front you have to worry about... stay away from the pits... fun as they may be... when people start bringing in brass knucks... oi

I have yet to see nothingface, but I like a lot of their music :blink:

Another AMAZING live show is Full Blown Chaos... they are just phenomenal live

I like the chilli peppers too, but i don't own any of their music. I like it when I hear it, but not enough to buy it.

-Silenced Message

kh1+2

kh1+2

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

I like the chilli peppers too, but i don't own any of their music. I like it when I hear it, but not enough to buy it.

same here :whistling:

i also dont mind d12

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
=METALLICA=

Favorite Song or Song's
Master of Puppets
Orion
Battery
Wherever I may Roam
One
Eye of the Beholder
Fade to Black
And the list goes on and on, seen em twice. At out every band I ever saw in concert. No one compared to the show Metallica did. 3 hrs long - Godsmack opened up for them and it was UNBELIEVABLE!!
-Norfolk Scope- 2004

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Time to bring this topic back to life... into February.

The Fray (Songs: "How to Save a Life", and "Over My Head" ("Cable Car")
Akon (Songs: "Don't Matter")
Fort Minor (Songs: "Where'd You Go", "Remember The Name")
Linkin Park (Songs: "Numb", "Papercut")
Rascal Flatts (Songs: "What Hurt's The Most")
The Eagles (Songs: "Hotel California")
Uncle Kracker (Songs: "Drift Away", "Follow Me")

This doesn't even put a scratch on my favorite song's list... but I am not going to take all day typing them, so those were just a few.