Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is 35 degrees good?

• Please log in to reply

Keith Lemon

Keith Lemon

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
My CPU temp is around 35/40 degrees C idle, my gfx card is around 50. are these gd temps? i was wonderin with the cpu if it would help applying any more thermal paste, anyway any help is always much appreciated.

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
You do not have to worry about your temperatures.

35/40 degress C for the cpu idle is pretty good temperatures. Mine runs around 22-60 it always changes. But what do you expect? I have a emachine LOL. If you are not satisfied or having problems with overheating, try adding a case fan.

Keith Lemon

Keith Lemon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
i got a gd cpu cooler lol. i was hopin anyway, wel not that u care but gettin drunk, so if i post anythin sily sry, anyway ta very much, nice e machine loool! i got a x6800 cpu, 2gb 8888 corsair ram, win xp, 250gb sata wd hdd, 6800 ultra - soon to be 8800 gtx- evga 680i mobo, nzxt lexa case, 850 watt galaxy psu, [bleep] knows why im tellin u this rofl!

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Haha, I am too young to get drunk. Yes I love my piece of junk emachine lol.. you got a nice rig going on... hope it runs well.. have a good new years and hopefully to see you posting more on G2G.

-ultimateslacker2

Keith Lemon

Keith Lemon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Thanks very much mate, it cost me enuf, too much workin, pain in the [bleep]. lol never too young to drink :whistling: i got the feelin my pc aint runnin at right speed. feels slow, nd i nitpick alot lol! i had to overclock my fsb to get the ram runnin at the rite speeds, nd plus im nu to overclockin. anyway thanks for the posts. cnt wait for the nu gfx card spk soon and a happy nu years

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
You too!

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
your emachine runs that high at idle :whistling: . mine stays around 35c without thermal paste, highest is been so far is 41c. im ordering some thermal paste though. its only a 1.8ghz

Keith Lemon

Keith Lemon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
exactl y u have a 1.8ghz cp, i think im guna be sick
i feel like [bleep] fffs
smm, dnt ever get drunk#1 but yeam thers a big difference. cpu 1,8ghz sdhu stay around tht temp i expect itx veyr low, is it a laptop? anywa i best be suick nd go to sleeep. dnt get drunk kids!

DeadEye

DeadEye

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Ive got the stock eMachines t6536 (with an added ATI x1600 Pro 512MB video card) and my temperatures idle are at about 10-15 and get to about 40-55 depending on what game im playing (overglocked of course :whistling:)

Serrik

Serrik

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
How did you manage to get your idle temperature 5 to 10 degrees lower then the average indoor room temperature? Do you keep your computer in your fridge?

Advertisements

DeadEye

DeadEye

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Water cooling :whistling:

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
i plan on getting a watercooling system, 109 is the price tag american. i have a 2.6 ghz and 640mbs ram in my emachine board now running at 35. coarse, i have a 120 blowing directly on it from the side panel

DeadEye

DeadEye

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
My rig specs are in my profile. Overglocked video card to 768MB when playing BF2. (still runs at 54 after 3 hours or so!)

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
My computer runs at least 45c with my Everex with 1.25GB of RAM and Geforce 7600GS 512MB OverClocked and no problems with it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
water cooling is what you do when you have everything in your PC up to scratch and you are bored, otherwise spend the money on parts air cooling is more than adequate for any system.

idle temps arent what you bother about its load temps if youre load temp is above 60 you should probably do something, although you would never apply more thermal paste it doesnt quite work like that, its purpuse is to help bridge the microscopic gap between the heat sink and CPU heat spreader you only need a little too much actually increases the temperatures.

PS if you are getting drunk while sitting at your computer posting at a tech support forum you may have slight problem.

Edited by warriorscot, 03 January 2007 - 06:25 PM.