Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tool bar prob.

• Please log in to reply

Shacko

Shacko

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
:whistling: I am a total jerk on a computer and somehow I managed to get my tool bar on the bottom of the screen to disappear, the only thing that I have left is the short cut menu, this is Windows XP, any help?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Couple possibilities.
1. You have it set to auto hide.
2. You resized it to be hidden. Similar to resizing an open window.

Right click the start button and select properties. On the task bar tab, check to see what is checked.
Also, bring your mouse pointer to the bottom of you screen and see if it will change appearance as if you have a hidden window (for resizing).

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Couple possibilities.
1. You have it set to auto hide.
2. You resized it to be hidden. Similar to resizing an open window.

Right click the start button and select properties. On the task bar tab, check to see what is checked.
Also, bring your mouse pointer to the bottom of you screen and see if it will change appearance as if you have a hidden window (for resizing).

That is one of the problems, the start button has disappeared, I have nothing that was there with the original start-up.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Did you try.....

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Did you try.....

I tried what you suggest, but that dosen't do anything, I guess that I have to re-boot the computer, thanks for your response.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
A few things to try. Rt. click your desktop and choose "Refresh." No joy? Use the key with the Windows logo to open your start menu and go to Control Panel>Taskbar and Start Menu. Make sure the box for "Keep the Taskbar on top..." is checked. If this is not enough log off your account and then log on. If that didn't do it, use Control/Alt/delete to get Taskmanager. Find explorer.exe, left click once to highlight, go down to the bottom and choose "End process." Answer yes to the scary question box and everything will go away! Except Taskmanager. (If it does use control/alt/delete again) At the top of Taskmanager choose File>New task(run), and then type in explorer.exe. Everything will come back, hopefully including your taskbar.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
do a system restore

you should be ok