Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

power supply

• Please log in to reply

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
i think its a 230 or 250 im not sure, anyways i went to turn my computer on it wouldnt. so i unplugged it and plugged it back in, now as soon as you plug it in the ps powers and clicks, board doesnt power. i thought the noise was the board at first but i narrowed it down by removing component be component. also removed the ps and mobo and tried it out of the case. which is how i found out it was the power supply. im pretty sure i need a new one, i have 2 others but neither have the atx 4 pin. thanks if any help arrives

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
please i need to know soon

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The first thing i replace on nonbooting computers is the power supply. I do not even install the PS, just hook everything up and try starting the computer. If it still does not bootup then there are other problems to look into like bad connections, bad memory, bad video card, bad drives, bad motherboard, bad cpu. I check then in the above order.

SRX660

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
dup

Edited by SRX660, 01 January 2007 - 06:34 PM.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
i know its the power supply now, i plugged it into another computer. it just buzzes and when you press power it buzzes louder when pressing the button. stops when you let go. the board wont power up. i just had it running before i tried this ps