Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Phrases in Drop down Boxes

• Please log in to reply

lightfootMT

lightfootMT

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
Hope i can get my question across.
when i do a search in, for example, google ebay or other sites, there is often a saved list of other phrases i have used to search for that drops down in the search window.
another example would be when i was typing out this "Topic Title" for this post that i am submitting, there was a drop down box that appeared as a started to type with other Topic Titles i had done in the past.
another example would be if i am logging onto my hushmail accnt, I click on the username box and my email addy drops down and i can click on it.

My question::: is how can I find the folder that this list of words and phrases that appear when i start typing and delete some or all of them as i wish???? if any one can explain more about this, i would appreciate it.

I have gone to Tools/Options and deleted cookies, history and files but these phrases i have used in the past still keep showing up.
thanks
light foot

Edited by lightfootMT, 01 January 2007 - 04:20 PM.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
You can turn off the Auto-Complete function in Tools> Internet Options>Content> Auto-Complete. To delete selected entries, just tab down and press delete for the entries you do not wish to keep.
Johanna

lightfootMT

lightfootMT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you, Johanna
That is one of my favorite names.
I went to Tools> Internet Options>Content> Auto-Complete and see where i can turn autocomplete off. I am not seeing where i can view the autocomplete history one by one.
In my IE I just have a place to clear forms and clear passwords, when i click on those I get a pop-up box asking if I want to clear all.

but no list, my IE is version 6.0 OS win2k .. maybe this is why i dont see the list of names to change

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
When you type, and the list appears, that is when you can selectively delete entries. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Johanna