Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet keeps dropping

• Please log in to reply

Envi

Envi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Posted Image

I called my cable company and they actually had the solution....for once. -.- My luck.

They said that one of my modem levels was off, and they were going to send someone out to fix it. But....for your experimenting, there's my screen shot of my stats.

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Holly Osmosis batman, your Power level (aka Transmit) is way to high and thats why your losing sync. It is probably running through some really bad cable, a bunch of splitters, or a House AMP (adds 11 db) Tell the cable tech you would like to get your power level down to around 50 or 52... if he says thats not possible ask him "to run a temp line from the tap to the back of your modem then check it again". If he does that and your level goes down (to the the 30's and 40's) then you will know that the problem is with your house wiring or splitters. If it does not go down then the problem is on the Mainline (IE.. your isp's problem)

an easy way to prove all this is to click on the signal link from your screenshot and look for T3 or T4 time outs - these are caused by QAM loses, or also known as no Sync's from signal related problems.

1.JPG

Edited by SpaceCowboy706, 12 January 2007 - 04:35 PM.

Envi

Envi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
o.o Oh thanks. Well for the last two days my internet has been fine, like it was. And the technician cancelled on me saying that my modem had to be messing up for him to be able to fix it.

So, I have to wait for it to start messing up before they even come over.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Thats bologne....your transmits are way to high... have them look at that.