Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no internet connection after installing new anti-virus scanner

• Please log in to reply

nojs

nojs

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Ok, I had Bitdeffender 9 on my pc and one day it said i needed to buy a new one
so i've bought Kaspersky and when i install it i can't connect to internet anymore ...
It's not just the browser that doesnt work but Steam, Msn , Xfire ... also don't work.

Can you guys help me. When i use "systemfix" ( i use a dutch windows so i don't know the word in english)
my internetconnection is back.

'systemfix' is that kind of thing so you can reinstall your pc to a certain date .. you know what i mean :whistling:

Ok, i've asked on a few dutch forums but there is no solution. I hope you geeks have one for me :blink:

thx in advance and kind regards
nojs

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Shots in the dark... these are some things that are running through my empty closet...

1. can you uninstall the new software? ...affect?
2. can you do a full system cleanup? ...affect?
3. can you boot to any of the options on startup...like SafeMode with Admin Privileges? ...do a sfc_/scannow?
4. did you go into the install disk for XP, uninstall the network function, and then reinstall it?
5. did you do a complete system clean up prior to install?
6. did you shut down ALL running progs before the install?
7. have you tried to work things out through the control panel, re: re-setting up of your internet connections?
8. are you on a router, and was its firewall on or off during the new install?
9. were any firewalls active when the new prog was setup...
10. did you present this problem to the hardware or software forums at geeks?
11. have you presented this issue in the KASPERSKY FORUM at http://forum.kaspersky.com/

Good luck...