Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player Hates My Speakers?

• Please log in to reply

snezzlebear

snezzlebear

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I do apologise if this is the wrong section of the forum to post this first of all. :whistling:

I have a problem with my computer where I use Windows Media Player 11 to rip a CD like I don't know Loose by Nelly Furtado and it will rip fine no problems. But when I playback the CD certain tracks play fine then others have static over the music so loud that you have to skip to the next track and it is usually 2/3 songs like this on a CD. This also happens even when I play the tracks on Real Player :help:

I have no idea what could be causing this and no idea how to fix it so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by snezzlebear, 02 January 2007 - 10:51 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I am betting that the CD is scratched at the point where those songs are located. What happens if you play the songs in question from the CD itself using WMP?

Fenor

snezzlebear

snezzlebear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
The CD's I ripped were brand new though. They work fine on my PS1 and PS2 as well as on other CD players.
They also work fine when I play them straight from the CD through the computer - I am just at a loss as to what is going on :whistling:

Edited by snezzlebear, 02 January 2007 - 10:57 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Have you ever been able to rip cd's successfully on this computer? If so, did this problem start AFTER you upgraded to Window's Media Player 11?

Fenor

snezzlebear

snezzlebear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I think it started after I updated to 10 but I honestly cannot remember :whistling:

I had really old and very bad speakers then so I guess I didn't really pay that much attention to it.