Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with burning CD

• Please log in to reply

xzmattzx

xzmattzx

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I am having trouble burning CDs on my computer. I clean-installed Windows a couple weeks ago to fix another, bigger, problem, and I figured I would be able to burn CDs since I started out with a clean slate. Yet I am still not able to burn CDs; it stops towards the end of thr burning process, and says something about a failure somewhere (I can't remember the exact message).

I don't see any exclamation points in Device Manager indicating any problems with the drive, but I have a feeling it's the hardware that is screwed up, since I have tried multiple burning programs before the clean-install of Windows and afterwards as well.

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
It souds like a hardware problem in the burner.

Does it have problems reading allso from the burner? If so it may have some dirt/"junk" that is blocking it reaching the last tracks.

Does not sound 2 good but 2 doubble check try it on another computer.

good luck