Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help in connecting my computer speakers

• Please log in to reply

laura1975

laura1975

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yesterday I disconnected my speakers I had on my computer and tried to connect a different set, but they didn't work. I've been trying to reconnect my speakers but I'm not getting any luck. I have the power connected to the right speaker in the DCIN port. I have the subwolfer connected into the SUB port in the right speaker. I have the computer plugged into the A port. I have the left speaker plugged into the B port. I can't get any power to my speakers. I've tried switching the plugs in every different way and I'm not getting any luck. Please help! I've been going crazy for the past two days. They are older speakers, Altec Lansing model ACS52, but I know they work because they worked yesterday before I disconnected them. Please help me. :whistling:

Edited by laura1975, 03 January 2007 - 11:26 AM.

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
You described 2 different problems. one that there is no sound and the other if I understand correctly that there is no power.
first - we need 2 make shure that the speakers have power to work. I tried to get information on the net but as usaid they r old so that doesn't help. After u plugin the dc in the power and i asume there is a power button and/or a volume knob so u put them on full after u connect the speakers u should hear some static noise to tell if they work. (If there is a light then u know there is power.)

second - about the sound from th computer.

I have the computer plugged into the A port. I have the left speaker plugged into the B port. I can't get any power to my speakers. I've tried switching the plugs in every different way and I'm not getting any luck.

I'm not shure I understand how it is conncted to the computer itself . The sound card has 3 colors the green is the sound/audio. the speakers should be connected 2 there.
Know check the sound level in the operating system.
doubble click on the speaker symbole that is next to the time on the task bar on the bottom. this will open the volume control panel.
make shure that the volume control and wave are not disabled and that the sound bar is up.
good luck

David Deley

David Deley

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Cable from computer sound out goes to input A on back of Altec Lansing ACS 52 right speaker. Cable from left speaker goes to 'SPKR' input on back of right speaker.