Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how fast is my computer?

• Please log in to reply

fortuitous

fortuitous

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
hi there, i was wondering if there is a test to run to see how quick my computer actally is in real terms. ive seen that a lot of comparisons are done by running a demo in cettain games i think, but i dont have a clue how to do any of this, and what the results would mean, could someone please explain how to do this. also i am thinking of getting a new graphics card and some ram, so ide like to be able to compare the figures of b4 and after the upgrade. many many thanks bob

Advertisements

fortuitous

fortuitous

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
hi there,

i was wondering if there is a test to run to see how quick my computer actally is in real terms. ive seen that a lot of comparisons are done by running a demo in cettain games i think, but i dont have a clue how to do any of this, and what the results would mean, could someone please explain how to do this. also i am thinking of getting a new graphics card and some ram, so ide like to be able to compare the figures of b4 and after the upgrade.

many many thanks bob

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
http://www.futuremark.com/download/

That program tests all your components and gives you a score, and tells you how your computer is doing comparing to all teh people tha tran it.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You might try some of these if its that important to you.

http://www.active-ha.../benchmarks.htm

Personally i find most of this a waste of time unless you are looking for a problem area in a computer that should be fast but is not.

SRX660