Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ferrari contest discussion topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Maiestas

Maiestas

eh...

• Retired Staff
  • 1,481 posts

still hard to believe that it already happened though.

Not really. After going back and reading the whole thread I can see why we both put the same number down.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I don't think people signing up just to put down an answer is fair. There are 8 people that have put their only post there.

Edited by Michael, 08 January 2007 - 04:01 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah i suppose that isnt all that fair maybe a posting requirement. Or only open to people who have been members since before the competition.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I'd have to agree,
while some say they have read the forums for some time, i find it hard that they never wanted to say anything before hand. Also its natural in some peoples nature to tell a friend about a contest even if they have seen seen or heard of this forum, namely one as good as this one.
However in the end it doesn't matter to me, it gets the name of the site around to new people, if thats whats your trying to achieve here it'll probably end up working well.
James :whistling:

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Wait.. is Tom Coyote giving away the same laptop you guys are giving away? Like is there a laptop for G2G and Tom Coyote?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

9. This contest is being held in conjunction with our sister site TomCoyote.org. Only ONE prize will be awarded.

Nope same laptop.

Edited by james_8970, 08 January 2007 - 05:00 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
We're not adding rules. We are going to keep it simple. Of course we expected some people will come here only for the contest. Nothing wrong with that.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Oh there's gonna be tears folks. haha

Good luck to everyone. Its fun to enter contests because you never know the outcome!

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Well in that case every one say hi to my brother, sister and dad, and maybe a friend or two when they register.

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

1. The winner is the person that guesses the correct number, or gets closest.
2. In event of a tie, the first person to post the winning number wins!

Who gets the prize if the correct number is not selected by anyone and two members are exactly the same amount away from the correct number?

Example.

Correct Number 65555

Member #1 Guess 65550 (5 before)

Member #2 Guess 65560 (5 after)

Does the member who posted first get the prize even though they have different selections?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Well you posted the answer, who ever posts first wins.

Edited by Michael, 09 January 2007 - 06:56 AM.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Hey guys, this is an amazingly wonderful opportunity and a bit of fun to boot. You've put your number in ... just wait and see who walks off with the goods. All this stuff about tears, and putting the fam in and who posts first and what happens if ...... blah, blah, blah ..... don't you really think Admin will handle things in a fair and proper way? Crikey if he can get this site up and running in the incredible way it does surely we can trust that he can run a little raffle.
I say good luck to everyone who enters and welcome to all the new members :whistling:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Does the member who posted first get the prize even though they have different selections?

Yes! :whistling:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Just wondering admin, many people are adding just to reply to this topic. Meaning they haven't even placed a e-mail account on their profile. Making it impossible to connect with them if they do win. What would we do under these circumstances? Proceed to the next closest user? And if we do, do so, what would happen if the user does in fact come on after a period of time (after we have given it to someone else) i believe it ought to be a requirement to have a e-mail address on your account to enter into this competition.
James

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
You can't sign up with out putting your e-mail in. Not all users allow any member to e-mail them though. That is what you might be thinking of. I don't know if you remember when you signed up, there is the option to allow all members to e-mail you, just admins, or no one. The admin box is checked by default, the member box is not.