Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Old computer...

• Please log in to reply

W-Unit

W-Unit

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Well what used to be our shared computer (I believe we bought it in 01, it's XP Home) is now just my wife's that she uses pretty much only for email and maybe to type some stuff in MS Word.
But it's loaded with junk myself and various other people installed and god knows how it got this cluttered up. Here are the two main problems...

--> Whenever my wife logs in to her account, the on-screen keyboard automatically comes up...while it is up CPU usage is usually 100%. In order to close it without causing problems, you have to open the task manager and end the "osk.exe" process, otherwise the section of the screen where the keyboard was freezes. Everything else works but that section shows blank white or other weird stuff. This doesn't happen when other people log on.
--> Whenever I log on, CPU usage is always at 100%. To get it down, I have to end the "cleanmgr.exe" process, which the computer tells me is running on my wife's account, even if she has not logged on. I think cleanmgr is the windows disk cleanup utility...weird

Edited by W-Unit, 04 January 2007 - 03:12 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://www.stevengou...ftware/cleanup/

after you download and install it dont use demo mode

this can be your first option download the cleaner and just run it it will do a satisfactory and impressive cleaning

your second option

well if you need to do a really good clean-up but with this clean-up you may have to update with microsoft updates

click on options set slider all the way up or click on thorough cleaning

then run cleaner and if your computer has never been cleaned that way or in such a long time let it run

it may seem like it stalled but it doesnt

you just have alot of crap to get rid of

keep in mind you may have some difficulty connecting to internet explorer server thats why you need to run microsoft updates again

if your having trouble with certain files let us know