Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Word Questionaire

• Please log in to reply

legelsegel

legelsegel

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I made a questionaire in MS Word, but the fields do not check when I click inside them. I went into word help and I checked the "Check box enabled" field.

How do I get my fields to lock and actually check?

Thanks,

Legel

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Using the Forms toolbar (if you don't see it, click View, Toolbars, choose Forms), click the "Protect Form" icon (looks like a lock). This will lock the form and only allow entry in the form fields, check boxes, etc.

Is that what you need?

legelsegel

legelsegel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I made a questionaire in MS Word, but the fields do not check when I click inside them. I went into word help and I checked the "Check box enabled" field.

How do I get my fields to lock and actually check?

Thanks,

Legel

Yes and no-- It does indeed lock the forms, but I have a few other areas of the document where the user can fill in their own personal comments. Protecting the fields looks them out from writing elsewhere in the document. How can I lock ONLY the boxes?

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
You can't. To create a form, you need to make all input fields "form" fields. So insert form fields everywhere the person is supposed to input, then lock the form.

Edited by LindaGail, 04 January 2007 - 03:57 PM.

legelsegel

legelsegel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
So if I want the person to be able to write their name and address somewhere on the document how do I do that?

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
See the attachment. I created a very simple questionnaire using form fields (and it's locked down), plus I added a screen shot of what I did. Hope this helps.