Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone familiar with Digital Image Suite ?

• Please log in to reply

bettei

bettei

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I thought this might be a simple program for me to make DVD slideshows of my pictures. I had no problem downloading it, and transporting my pictures to it's image library. What I can't find is some concise instructions on how to make a slideshow. :whistling:
You can start a project with create, etc, and I just want to be able to make a slide show by selected whole folders in the order I want them to appear. Surely you don't have to select each picture separately in each folder, do you? If that's the case, then this program isn't for me.

I went to Microsoft's website for information and typed in the product and "create DVD slideshow" for instructions. Zip. I Googled the same thing, and can pull up some problems with Digital Image, but no actual instructions.

There is a place where you can download a whole 229 page PDF file, but all I want is some simple instructions on how to use it.
I then called the help number I found in the product. They asked me what version of Windows I had, which is XP Media 2005 that came on my HP desktop, asked me if there was the letters OEM in the serial number, then told me to contact HP. What was that about? I know HP won't help a person with a Microsoft product, so why would I be told that?

I'm discouraged after taking so long to get these pictures in files, and now can't find an easy way of making a compatible Cd to play in a DVD player. :blink:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
leave it to microsoft to change up the terminology. Try looking at this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840161

there is a nice media presentation at the bottom of the article. I highly recommend it.

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
It says right on the box "create DVD slideshows"....and it can....but apparently its only good for viewing on a computer or other portable device.
It doesn't let me edit my pictures in the order I want and burn them to a CD to view on a TV. It doesn't burn them any differently than my computer does, by that I mean in shuffled order, etc.
Seems like false advertising to me.