Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fixin the pc

• Please log in to reply

jbiggz

jbiggz

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
when i turn on the pc im working on it is on but it only goes to the screen on the monitor where it reads the memory and everything else. It doesnt go anywhere else it just stays on that screen what can it be. i cant even go into the setup page it just freeze's on that screen. email me at [email protected] if u can help me out.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go, jbiggz.

If all you can get to is the BIOS screen then more than likely you either do not have a operating system on the computer or the hard drive is not reading anything. If you keep hitting the "Delete" key while the computer is booting up, can you get into the BIOS to see what you have there? use the arrow keys for navigation and the enter key to get into the different windows. You might want to set the computer to boot first off the cdrom drive and use a windows CD in the cdrom drive to see if the computrer will boot up and install windows. Just hit the ESC key to get out of the BIOS.

We need more information as to what your doing before going any further.

SRX660

jbiggz

jbiggz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
it lets me get into the users page but only on safe mode....it used to work but hasnt been ran in a while...tryin to get the wireless to work so it can be used in a different room but it doesnt let me get into the users profile to change anything.....or even load the users profile cause it freeze's ....im jus trying to get it back to working condition...the hard drive is fine but it only loads when it wants to...sumtimes it would load or it wouldnt load at all....if i wipe out the whole thing would i be able to reload the windows xp home edition using the same key code that i have on the main computer?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Yes, reinstalling would be a good option in my opinion. You could use keyfinder to find the original activtion key.

http://www.magicalje...keyfinder.shtml

SRX660