Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7

• Please log in to reply

jbiggz

jbiggz

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
everytime i go to install internet explorer 7 i end up getting this message at the end on the trouble shooting page..."This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel"......what does that mean...thanks for any help...

Advertisements

andrewmonk

andrewmonk

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
[font=Book Antiqua][color=#3333FF][size=4]I hope this helps you. :)

1. Click on Start. :happy:
2. Click on Control Panel. :)
3. Click on Folder Options. ;)
4. Go back to Start. :whistling:
5. Click on Help. :surrender:

You then will see the Help or Support Page for your computer. :thumbsup:
In this page you will find several ways to solve your problem with IE7. :rolleyes:

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

Turn on access to Internet Explorer from the Start menu and desktop, and then use the Run command to browse to the Web site that you want. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Add/Remove Windows Components.
3. In the Components list, click to select the Internet Explorer check box, and then click Next.
4. Click Finish.
5. Click Start, and then click Run.
6. In the Open box, type the Web address of the Web site that you want to browse to, and then click OK.

read this - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308089

cheers...xxx1

1-go to start
2-my computer
3-tools
4-folder options
5-in folder options click on general tab
6-put a check mark in - open each folder in the same windows

hope this helps.

cheers...xxx1