Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Jack Is Armed

• Please log in to reply

shadowkat

shadowkat

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

I just heard about a new show called “Armed And Famous.” After watching this video, it’s hard to believe that Jack Osbourne has a gun. He’s such a punk, especially when his past drug use should disqualify him from being a cop. Who can take this seriously, especially when Jack is allowed to be a celebrity cop and put the public in danger?

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I mean its hard to be surprised at what goes on nowadays. There are no limits and rules. We are taught that we are to care about what celebrities and even more now their kids, are doing.

I use my rights every night and change the channel!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

it’s hard to believe that Jack Osbourne has a gun. He’s such a punk, especially when his past drug use should disqualify him from being a cop. Who can take this seriously, especially when Jack is allowed to be a celebrity cop and put the public in danger?

actually..jack osborne has COMPLETELY turned his life around....after he got out of rehab...he climbed el capitan in california...i don't know if you've ever SEEN el cap...but it's not exactly small...he's not the bratty spoiled rich kid he used to be anymore...and i have no doubts that he's completely beat his drug addiction....

kinda harsh not to give someone (especially someone you don't know anything about other than what you see on TV or in a tabloid) a second chance

i'd be more inclined to be worried about wee-man, or whichever jackson sister that is that's on the show...wee-man is almost as stupid as steve-o (no one could ever be AS stupid) i wouldn't go near him if he had a bb gun....and the jackson..well...she's a jackson

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I think i'ld respect him more if he actually became a cop or got a real job instead of swanning around, climbing a mountain of any sort is less impressive when you have nothing else to do with your time.

It would maybe be different if he had even a little of his parents talent(probably more his mother, that's one clever lady) if he made a name for himself in anything other than grandly messing up he would probably get more respect. You know you have the money to get all the opportunities in the world and you screw up the best part of your life to do it, they should have sent him to live where his folks did as a youngster im sure he would have been allot more grounded. If he did something worthwhile or useful then he might get a little respect.

Good shot though, you have to give him that which earns at least a few brownie points, mind you they all handle weapons in a manner that would earn smack in the back of the head from me at least. Maybe even a pistol whipping for that jackson woman.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

climbing a mountain of any sort is less impressive when you have nothing else to do with your time.

...i'm gonna dissagree there...but not enough to turn it into an arguement about accomplishment....

i rock climb as a hobby....i haven't (yet) climbed anything as impressive as el cap...but a 500 to 800 foot multipitch route on trad gear is freaking hard...and whether you have a day job or not...it's an acomplishment that not many people can say they've done...and it's something that not everyone can do.....he didn't get lugged up the back side of the mountain by some sherpa and a guide...he actually cllimbed it...he even lead some of it (at 1000+ feet with nothing to keep you from falling...it's pretty freaking scary)...

i concede that the rich tools that get some sherpa to carry their gear up the easy side of the alps, or up everest even (not many easy sides there)...don't deserve any credit for what they do...but when you actually climb something for yourself and by yourself...it's a great achievement...no matter what else is going on in your life

sorry for the "rant" but...climbing is something i take seriously and i'm very proud of the fact that i can do it (probably the same feeling you have about your "air core" stuff right?)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I generally feel good about any skill i have, my air core stuff is more about giving to my community.

Its certainly an achievement no arguing that, but for example if you climbed something even half as challenging it would be far more impressive given you have a real life to live and real concerns, it just kinda detracts from the impressiveness that he doesn't have anything else to do and doesn't do anything else other than what he wants to do, i would be much more impressed if he used his time, money and influence to do something useful using what he has to achieve something real perhaps helping someone or giving back to his community in some way.

I just don't like the guy, it seemed every time he was on telly he acted like a fanny, i saw him on the kick boxing thing he did(before the climbing), sure its nice and all that hes getting in shape and kicked drugs but hes still about as spoiled as you can get with an ego the size of "el cap" and the whole time i watched the kick boxing thing everyone there looked at him like they wanted to beat the crap out of him(his mother seemed to notice) but he was utterly oblivious to it and had a smug "look what i can do" attitude the whole time while getting his backside thoroughly kicked.

Its an achievement but shadowed by the kind of man he is and its not the best of shadows some people can fail at something but the kind of man they are can turn it into a great accomplishment.

Edited by warriorscot, 05 January 2007 - 05:14 PM.

shadowkat

shadowkat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

i'd be more inclined to be worried about wee-man, or whichever jackson sister that is that's on the show...wee-man is almost as stupid as steve-o (no one could ever be AS stupid) i wouldn't go near him if he had a bb gun....and the jackson..well...she's a jackson

It's LaToya Jackson, and she's currently not that smart.
I think Wee-Man is going to make a great cop once the training is over. But time can only tell, and I guess the later episodes will reveal themselves.

shadowkat

shadowkat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Did anyone catch the last two episodes of Armed And Famous this week?
I was sorta right about LaToya Jackson, but her fear of cats just sets it over the top. It's too hilarious.