Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frozen desktop

• Please log in to reply

genkimary

genkimary

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, My desk top has frozen on an image and it won't come off no matter what I do. I have tried, ATF Cleaner, System restore, AVG Spyware scans, AD-Aware scans, Norton scans, Windows updates and of course just trying to change the desktop background in properties. I'm a young girl who doesn't know too much about computers but have tried my best. Please help me. Thank you Marianne.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi genkimary!

Please right-click somewhere on your desktop and choose PROPERTIES. In the new window that appears, click on DESKTOP tab and then click on the CUSTOMIZE DESKTOP button. Another window will appear, click on the WEB tab. Post what is listed up Web Pages and whether or not the item's checkbox is checked or not.

Fenor

genkimary

genkimary

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Fenor,
Thanks so much that worked I got rid of it. You are a genious! I really appreciate that you took the time to help me. Bless you, Marianne.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Glad I could help. :whistling: But most of the time these types of problems occur due to some type of malware having infected your comptuer, so it might be a good idea to run through the self-help steps found HERE, and if need be, post a HijackThis log in the Malware Forum.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 06 January 2007 - 08:24 PM.