Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email

• Please log in to reply

Nervous Nelly

Nervous Nelly

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I just signed up for a new isp. I want to continue using my Windows Outlook email program. I had been forwarding other email accounts to my old address, using Outlook. Now, when I attempt to send mail from one of my other addresses (domain addresses) with these names in the from line; my new isp address@verizon overrides it. I get a "550 5.7.0 address mismatch" error from verizon.

Any clues how I can continue to send mail from whichever of the five addresses I choose, with the chosen address in the from line?

Thanks Geeks! You've always been very helpful!

Nervous Nelly :) :help: :blink: :rofl: :whistling:

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Look at this link from ask-leo.com. You first need to contact Verizon's technical support to confirm whether they allow sending non-Verizon email through their SMTP server.

If Verizon allows it, then we need to figure out what's blocking it.

Confirm your operating system, including service packs. If Windows XP, is it Pro or Home?
What firewall and antivirus software do you use?

Which version of Outlook?

You have multiple email accounts set up and they all deliver email into one inbox?

You mentioned other, domain addresses. Do you mean Exchange email addresses, or just different ISP addresses?

When you send an email, do you have a box above the "To:" line where you can choose which account to use to send the email?

Check the Event Log for errors (especially from SMTP or that seem to be email related) that happen at the time you get those Verizon errors. To get to the Event Viewer, click Start, Control Panel, Administrative Services, Event Viewer. You'll see three categories on the left side: Application, Security, and System. Check Application and System. Once you open and event, you can copy the text. There's a copy icon on the right side of the event screen, just below the down arrow.

Nervous Nelly

Nervous Nelly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Just in quick answer; I have 3 domain webaddresses (@aprilboyer.com) I was collecting mail from in my Outlook through my previous isp, and an additional web-based address (@worthyemail.com) that I simply forwarded mail from. I will look at your other answers before I get back again. Thanks for your help!

Nervous Nelly