Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 help needed

• Please log in to reply

truder

truder

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hello,

Wondering if you can help me out. I am currently using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. In my e-mails if there is a link that connects to the web I can't get there. When I click on a link inside an e-mail that is supposed to bring me to the web it brings me to local link browser instead.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Truder

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, Reset Web Settings. Then try to click an email link again.

If this didn't help, I'll need some additional information:

1. Has this always been this way? If not, how long has it been happening and what might have changed on your computer just prior?

2. Is it email links in all email or just some, like in the Junk Mail folder only or only from certain people?

3. Is this a home computer or work/office computer?

4. Is your email POP3, through a local ISP, or Exchange through your office?

5. What antivirus and firewall do you use?

6. Please take a screen shot of the local browser you get when trying to open an email link. To do this, from the local browser press the ALT key and Print Screen keys together. This will take a snapshot of the current window and place it on the clipboard. You can paste the image into Paint or WordPad. If saving from Paint, save it as a BMP file (JPGs won't attach to this forum).

truder

truder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Under programs I clicked on Default Web Browser and it now works.

Thank you,

Truder

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Good to hear! :whistling: