Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D-Drive does not pick up blank DVD-RW disk

• Please log in to reply

typh00n2k

typh00n2k

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey guys i hope you can help me out. My d-drive will pick up a regular dvd, but when i put a blank dvd-rw in the drive, nothing will happen, and nothing is detected. Could it be this computer wasn't made for burning dvd's? It burns cd's. Hope you can help, thanks!!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
There is nothing for windows to see if there is either no formatting on the dvd-rw or no data put on it. The windows cd burning software does not see DVD's so if this dvd burner you have came with the computer you should have some kind of burning software installed on the computer. Usually it is Nero, or Roxio software but sometimes its Cyberlink DVD Suite that is installed.

http://www.cyberlink...ain_33_ENU.html

DVD burning in Windows XP

http://www.microsoft...november25.mspx

SRX660

typh00n2k

typh00n2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
no program came with this computer, i downloaded the nero trial and still have no success

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If no program came with your computer you probably do not have a DVD burner. You may have a CD-RW/dvdrom combo drive instead. What does your computer say the drive is in device manager? My windows XP computer says i have a DVD-RW and a DVD/CD-RW in it.

SRX660

typh00n2k

typh00n2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
That is exactly what i have,under the DVD/CD-ROM drive, the cd-rw and dvd-rom... Guessing this means that i cannot burn?