Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Partition Help--Please,Please

• Please log in to reply

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Hi Wannabe, I don't think I made the first image as a increment. I wonder how I can tell. Maybe I will delete this image and redo it with a increment.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
No...leave the first full image on there. But until the next time you need to do a full backup, just do incremental backups...they will be added to the image thats there.

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Help Wannabe,
I really messed up. Please help me gain please. I made some changes to my computer and I wanted to "Delete" the Image I made in "Acronis Secure Zone". I didn't delete it as I could not find out how to go in there and Delete that image. I then went into Paragon and found the following. Here on Clip 1 it shows 3 partitions C, D, and Other? The OTHER is in Orange and means Fat 16 accoriding to the top scale.

So my good friend, HELP, what do I do? I want to take the old Image out and put a new one in so I can build from there. Plus it will teach me how to delete a Image if need be later down the line when I start adding alot of programs. I really need to know who to delete the Image, plus get my Partition straightened out again please.

Onestep

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
clip_1.jpg

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Here's a pic from my Disk Manager on my computerclip_2.jpg

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
What changes did you make to your computer?

If it wasn't a major change, an incremental backup will probably do the job. The "Other" partition you see is the Acronis backup location. It's not FAT16, but it is an extended partition...Windows isn't allowed to mess with this partition without using the Acronos software...this is a safety feature.

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Hi Wannabe,
I removed alot of programs and waiting to put some in. Thats the changes I made. But isn't there a way of going in there and removing the first backup of my computer so I can put in a new one as I would really like to know that but I can't find any where in the help section of how to delte a old backup. I know in the future I will need to know that.
Also, the last clip I sent it showed the new partition as being unhealthly? What does that mean?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
All the partitions show healthy... :whistling:

Make all the changes you are going to make and then do a complete backup...it should ask you if you want to delete the previous backup. Once the full backup has been made, use the Task Scheduler to make an incremental backup once a day or so.

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Ok, will do, so it will just over write the other image. many thanks Wannabe