Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard Key Function

• Please log in to reply

nic777

nic777

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I have 2 computers, an hp and a "custom" one that i made. My HP that i got for christmas on 2006 was an complete computer with speakers,mouse,keyboard,moniter. Now that i have 2 computers i got a KVM off of the internet....but on my HP when i press the moon key (for sleep) it goes to sleep (saves all info and turns off but when u bump the mouse it turns back on and has all the info and windows like they were) but when i press the sleep button on while on the other "custom" computer it the screen goes black but the processor fan keeps goign and the lights are still on (case with colorful fans by the way) but the HD Light stay on and the processor stays runnin and the power supply fan keeps going. I just want it to be like the other computer.....I tried googling it but no luck...and i tried control panel>keyboard theres no options so please help

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
And you are flipping the switch on the KVM?
Johanna

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Not "Flipping" im pressing the switch lol preatty much same thing but yes im pressing the kvm switch

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
No one knows?

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
woops wrong thread

Edited by nic777, 03 June 2007 - 07:40 PM.

daffy_elmo

daffy_elmo

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Try going to all programs and looking for a keyboard program that might have come with your computer.

If you find one it should have options for changing the values of all function keys.

Lame suggestion I know, but often it's the simplest things that fix computer issues.
Good luck,
daffy_elmo