Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer problems

• Please log in to reply

moyra

moyra

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hey guys, something simple i hope. printer i865 canon, sounds like it is printing but nothing is coming out except blank paper. got new cartridges and tried a lot of things before bothering you. Thanks for all your help.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Does "tried a lot of things" include using the cleaning cycle in the printer software? The cleaning utility may have two levels -- standard and thorough. If 'standard' doesn't improve things, try the 'thorough' option.

Also check the ink levels in the printer driver software to confirm that the new cartridges have been detected. If they still show empty then it's possible you've left some tape on them which should have been peeled off.

moyra

moyra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hi Pip i have tried cleaning cycle, downloaded new driver, nozzle check. i have been trying lots of things all night, searching the net to find another solution, wont do an automatic print head alignment so did a manual one. it looks like one of my colours are missing. black 3ebk.
dont know what else to try. wont print test page either. could delete driver and try installing original one again but not 100% on doing that. other option is to throw it in the fish pond and teach it to swim,

moyra

moyra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
also got distilled water and cleaned the print head, tried again, same thing.