Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

security settings active controls message pop up pest

• Please log in to reply

cups

cups

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi.

Even after I set settings for allowed. Why do I keep getting the following security message alert?

Your security settings do not allow web sites to use active controls installed on your computer. This page may not display correctly. click here for options.

Advertisements

Mikes Mirth

Mikes Mirth

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
what browser are you using?

Mikes Mirth

Mikes Mirth

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
sadly im not atall aware of how verizon works, but the message your getting is similar to the "install activeX" message in IE, surely the ways of going about changing this message will be similar so, if you can bare with me im just using my iniciative from internet explorer. go to what would be internet options on your browser, then look for what would be an advanced tab, then look for somethin that is plausable to your needs i.e regarding "allowing active controls".
really sorry if this is no help its just i have no idea how verizon works.
regards :whistling: