Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Shuts Down [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DrEvil7171

DrEvil7171

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
my friend is having some serious issues with her PC.
within 10-15 mins of the PC being on we will get an error message that read
c:/windows/system32/lsass.exe error...then it gives me an error number and a 1:00 min time countdown until the comp restarts
can spyware cause something this serious? or is it likely that she has a bug of some sort?

Aside from the shutting down, her comp was also not booting properly. After being powered on we would get a screen that said do you want to goto windows xp home edition or windows xp setup...i fixed this by simply going to a previously set restore point
im lost as to what her problem is

any help would be appreciated

im also going to take her a copy of hijack this along with spybt, adaware and an antivirus prog. When i get the hijack this log file ill post that up too

can someone point me in the right direction though until i get the log file?
thanks

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
welcome to geekstogo
it is one of to things its a virus OR the sasserworm if you have a anti virus update that and do a full scan you can use one of these free ones if you don't CLICK HERE here is the link to a sasser removel tool CLICK HERE
<_<

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.