Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help Fast! Please Help!

• Please log in to reply

(CCC) CompletelyComputerClueless

(CCC) CompletelyComputerClueless

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey I recently got a second computer off this guy, right? It's a Dell and he self intalled Windows XP upgrade. I have had it about a year or two and never had any problems; until now.
The daggone thing went down while I was typing a resume online. :mad: When I went to restart my computer it won't do anything. ;) It seems like it's starting up get pass the BIOS to a black screen and ques A:\> I restarted the computer and tried to startup in Safemode and that won't work either. It showed once and now I can't get the option for safemode to show again. I don't have a boot CDRom and can't get it to boot from this janky floppy. It keeps telling me Bad command.
Does anyone have anything that could help. I'd very much appreciate it. :tazz: Please help; I'm going crazy here. ;)

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Since you have another computer you can go to http://www.nu2.nu/bootablecd/ and make a bootable cd. Also lots of resources at http://www.bootdisk.com/ You are going to have to get it to boot to do any troubleshooting. If it don't boot, I suspect bad motherboard or cpu.

Remailer

Remailer

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
FYI when you start up right after the splash screen hit f8 untill you see the safe mode screen