Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dial-up to Network

• Please log in to reply

Hello_Moto

Hello_Moto

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hey guys,

OK - this may sound like a weird question - but is there anyway to connect a laptop without an ethernet port to a network !?

Only ask because I've got my mates laptop here and it's an old IBM Thinkpad PII and I wanted to connect it to the web to download AVG and Comodo and do the Windows updates for him (yeah, he only has dial-up) while I have it here fixing it but with no ethernet port, it's kinda hard to do !

Does anyone know of a way around it ?

Thanks

H_M

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
if he has a modem for dial-up and a account you shouldnt have any problem doing any updates
although the updates and downloads are slower and longer it can be done im on dial up and do it all the time

Edited by rushin1nd, 10 January 2007 - 02:35 PM.

Hello_Moto

Hello_Moto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Many thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I know he can do them - but was just wondering if there was any way that I could connect it whilst I have his machine here to fix it