Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A Couple Of Questions!

• Please log in to reply

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
ok hello all, well to start off. WUT is the best Anti-virus protection????

i used to have mcafee, but it really didnt work

now ive gotton norton antivirus 2003, seems to be working alright so far
and i use ad-aware, and spyware doctor

i have heard about AVG and Nod32, arethey good? my freind said nod32 is the best

ALSO wut is the best way to protect ur computer??? like firewall??.. right now i am using my linksys wireless router as a firewall aswell as the windows firewall

and wut are som program u recomend to speed up my computer???,, thanks alot

you guys are great :whistling:

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
mcafee is in my opinion not very good sticks your computer like glue
if it wont uninstall its difficult to remove

nortons a resource hog although i use 2 versions of symantec corporate edition these are not as bad as home edition types of version norton
i never have to renew subscription of them and i use sygate firewall along with symantec corporate edition

i like trend house call but its a paid subscription and use it with its firewall

im currently trying panda on another computer with its firewall

AVG is good ive installed it on several computers along sygate firewall

ive also heard that comodo is good and i have used zone alarms firewall another good one

there are a variety of firewalls and antivirus programs that free and good safe to use

so what ever you choose
im sure you will make a right choice

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
ok well can u tell me how nod32 is?????

and maybe a couple of programs to toally speed up the pc???

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
from what i only hear of nod32 is that it is a good program but i never had a chance of using it my self

clean up is a good way of cleaning and it should make a difference in your pc performance

just exactly how does your computer runs slow

at start up or when your surfing the web before you download clean-up its best that you read the web page before you use it

have you tried windows disk cleaner and have you disk defragment i would try these before i do clean up

heres the page

http://www.stevengou...ftware/cleanup/

Edited by rushin1nd, 10 January 2007 - 05:14 PM.

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
k thanks i got it working nice and fast :whistling:, can som1 with NOD32 plz tell me how good it is plz?? thanks