Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

comp keeps restarting !

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I have a desktop running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2. Now after coming back home after the christmas holidays I've been using my computer for some time. Lately it has been restarting randomly, as in, while using the computer it will randomly restart. I've not installed any new hardware. However I did do this; I use a wireless mouse and well when the battery runs out I place it to charge and for the past week or so whenever that happens I connect this other wired mouse in the front USB port. Now I don't know if the driver installed by the mouse has anything to do with this but how do I find out? After the system restarts I am asked to send an error report and the screenshots attached show what the error report contains. Also after the error report has been submitted it takes me to the following webpage,
http://oca.microsoft....2.00010300.2.0
Also I have attached a screenshot of what 'even viewer' is showing the error at the time of restart to be.

Attached Thumbnails

• error2.JPG
  • error.JPG
  • event.JPG

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This will result in the BSOD error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Heres what some one had said with the same error as yours

For some mounths ago, my fan did crash.
The orginal fan that crashed, spec:
Company name: Cooler Master
It was 70*70mm and on ca. 0.40A (12V).
2cm high..

When that fan crashed I sarted to use this fan:
http://www.komplett....3&view=detailed
Its on 0.16A, I'we checked that. (12V)
(I aren't using the heatshink, just the fan)

The computer did start to reboot, especially when I play games or when I'm putting on the "box side"..
But.. I have (2 days earlyer I'we bought 2 new memmory sticks.( 2*1gb))
And I started to use my dads new formatted C disk, (It was crashed before..) like F:\...

But I think its a overheat problem because if a put the box side on it reboots more often..
So do you acctually think my fan is cooling my AMD enough?

When I log on after a reboot I usually getting "Windows has been reseted after a seriosly error" (Dunno it on English) on Swedish: "Windows har återställts efter ett allvarligt fel"

Usually error codes I getting is:
BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 01000024 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : BA1FEC87 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

>>---------->>........>>---------->>.........>>---------->>

so is possible for you to have a heating problem

even if your fan still works have you cleaned your computer on the inside

a can of dustbuster is good

manu08

manu08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Yeah I plan to give the computer a little cleanup whenever I get time in the next few days. Anyway something else I noticed was that, when I switch the computer on, restart it or it has its 'random restart', without Windows loading I get a black screen with a cursor blinking on it where nothing can be typed or anything, then by pressing the power button I have to switch the computer off and on many times and then eventually after couple of times it starts up normal, this is without the wired USB mouse connected, any ideas? Also, I ran memtest86+ for about 30 - 45 mins and got no errors so I guess the memory is fine. What I plan to do next is a 'sfc/ scannow' with the Windows XP Home Edition CD inside the CD-ROM to see if it helps. If it does I will post back, in the meantime any other feedback would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Edited by manu08, 11 January 2007 - 11:35 AM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
do the sfc /scannow cleanout the inside of your computer also you can do the simple maintenance

from start >>run>>prefetch>>click ok>>go to edit>>select all>>on any blue file..right click and delete

start >>all programs>>accesseries>>system tools>>disk clean-up>>clean your disk

start >>all programs>>accesseries>>system tools>>disk defragmenter>>then defragment your disk

and you have your xp cd so you can do check disk repair

after your done all those see how your computer is

now we wait

Edited by rushin1nd, 11 January 2007 - 11:50 AM.

manu08

manu08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Ok I did a Trend Micro free online virus scan, then a sfc/scannow, then ran disk cleanup and then disk defragmenter. Now for the past few days the computer has been working fine and hopefully it will work without problems in the future. Thanks for all the help.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
No problem. Keep us posted :whistling: