Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application removal

• Please log in to reply

grandpa

grandpa

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Hi

I hope I can explain my problem OK.

I am trying to remove a programme from my computer, using add/remove. It appears to go thru the actions but in the last removal screen it goes from 0% to 100% rapidly, then nothing happens, except that the programme is still there and hasnt been removed.

I have tried reloading the programme and then removing, but still the same happens.

Any ideas on how to remove would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Grandpa.

Edited by grandpa, 11 January 2007 - 02:10 AM.

Advertisements

Jrenter2

Jrenter2

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
Hello Grandpa,

Here is a link that will tell you how to uninstall your program. Fireworks Uninstall

Hope that helps. If you still need more help after reading this, let us know. :whistling:

Edited by Jrenter2, 11 January 2007 - 09:37 AM.

grandpa

grandpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Hi Jrenter2

Thank you for your help.

I am running under Windows XP, that link seemed to lead to Mac. Im still trying to uninstall, so any help would be appreciated. ( Can I just delete the programme from the programme files on the hard drive)

Many thanks

Grandpa

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Move the folder from programme files to my documents and reboot the PC

Let it stay there for a while until you check the PC is running properly, then you can delete it

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
There is the MSI Cleanup Utility for those hard to remove applications.

Jrenter2

Jrenter2

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
Sorry about that Grandpa...right church, wrong pew.....here is the correct
link...Fireworks uninstall

grandpa

grandpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Hi All

Well somehow I managed to uninstall the programme from the Add/remove, or it may have moved when I shifted the pgmm from the programmes folder to the my documents folder, but it still kept popping up when I clicked the desktop shortcut icon. I eventually found that (I presume) a Backup file had been somehow created in the registry. So for safety sake I have renamed the .bak file for now. If everything keeps going OK I'll completety delete the entry in a week or two.

Guess the above is safe to do...

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards

Grandpa