Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD Multiplayer Problem (SERIOUS PROBLEM!)

• Please log in to reply

opt1x

opt1x

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, I play very serious for CoD, and I had to stop playing because of a connection problem. I need someone's opinion on what the problem could be.

1. I Connect to a server.
2. Play for 30-45 minutes.
3. I lag out and cannot return to that server for 30-45 minutes, BUT I can go onto other servers and play there.
4. I replug my router in and out and it gives me access back into that server.

I have a wireless network and cable, is my router like... changing ports in-game or something? Cuz I have no idea why the h*** I can play the game, then half way through i lag out on it, but I don't on other servers... PLEASE HELP!

Advertisements

Fendann

Fendann

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I've run into the same problem, and it was especially bad when it was happening at a LAN party that I was hosting.... :tazz:

First off, update the firmware for the router and update the driver for your wireless NIC. After that, go into the router settings and make the lease time 23 hours. If you are using a Linksys, AT&T, D-Link, or Netgear router, it's best to keep it away from any type of television/computer monitor (their people in tech support told me about that one....guess the chips are not protected that well against EMI from CRT TV's).

The reason you cannot return to the same server could be because you dropped unexpectedly. There are settings in the stand-alone CoD server so you can keep Connection-of-Death players (players with bad pings, dropped packets, poor communication) from joining for a certain amount of time.