Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Palm desktop Software

• Please log in to reply

Jhorn

Jhorn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I did have the software running at a couple of months ago, but it became corrupted on my system and I had to remove it. After reinstalling on my system it immediately crashes and reports the following error message. I have tried my time to get this resolved with Palm, but their answer is that the Palm Software will not run with Windows XP Media Center Edition. I can't believe that a software developer as big as Palm would be so short sighted as to not include this version of Windows into their sofware. There has to be many people out there running Windows XP Media Center who are having the same problem as I am with this issue.

This is the error message:

App Name: palm.exe
AppVer: 4.1.4.0
ModName: mfc42.dll
ModVer: 6.2.4131.0
offset 00004973

Any help or work around would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
From what I've seen on most software packages, XP MCE requires SP2 to run third-party software, whereas XP Home or Pro does not. Your Palm software may have this requirement, so check the documentation.

Jhorn

Jhorn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the info, I will check it out