Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Internet Security or Kaspersky

• Please log in to reply

Hello_Moto

Hello_Moto

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi guys,

I have Norton Internet Security 2006 and was about to upgrade to Norton Internet Security 2007 but have been talking to some people who say that Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 is much, much better ? Is this true ? Should I just bin Norton now that my subscription has expired and use Kapersky or should I stick with Norton ?

I prefer the Internet Security suites as they are AV and Firewall combined.

Thanks

H_M

Advertisements

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
I'd go with Kaspersky. Norton just isn't what it used to be.

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
This may merit a new post, but I have the same query about McAfee and PC-cillin. My computer's boot up time has nearly quadrupled all because of McAfee and I heard Kaspersky and PC-cillin are less resource demanding. How true is this?

Edited by UV_Power, 13 January 2007 - 04:41 PM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I don't like Norton, and I certainly don't like McAfee. PC-Cillin is alright, but I would say that from the list you've both shown, Kaspersky would be the best option. I've only used Kaspersky on a friend's computer, but it seems less demanding. Norton certainly takes up a lot of resources.

niagara

niagara

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Kasperski......youl'see

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Kaspersky.... but if you wanna try something else.. go with NOD32. Its amazing!

oktob3r

oktob3r

• Pip
  • 4 posts
yeah i suggest avast! it's free for home users and works great, least i never had any problems with it.

shyviolet

shyviolet

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hello,

I did the free virus scan offered by Kaspersky and I have to say I was impressed at the malwares it detected and that were missed by McAfee. What I didn't like was the time it took to scan my entire computer--3 hours long. If I were to purchase Kaspersky Internet Security and run a scan, would it take just as long? Is there a quick scan option?

Also, does KIS conflict with MBAM?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
It will take a long time if you buy it, but it is worth it. There is no quick scan as far as I know

It wont conflict with MBAM

shyviolet

shyviolet

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Thanks. Unfortunately, our license of McAfee doesn't end until 2011! :)

edmo60

edmo60

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I checked out ESET Smart Security mentioned above (NOD32). Sounds good. Does anyone out there have an opinion on this?

Edited by edmo60, 06 January 2009 - 09:34 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Its also very good