Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network trouble and Xbox360 trouble

• Please log in to reply

Conlai

Conlai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First off i have seen the list that somone has posted and i understand what to do with the xbox but unfortunetly my problem seems to be taking me to a level of pc software problems that i cant deal with let me explain.

when i started my pc and when it to the network connections part i was missing one of my local conection ports so i uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them this was fine till the one witch was there was then missing and the other had reaperd :blink: so i decided to install it again and it apered these are called local area connection ( the one that says limited or no conectivity ) Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC, the second says Local area conection2 Connected, shared this is my internet port and says Nvidia nForce MCP Networking controller this is fine as far as i know and theres a 1394 connection which is fine..

So to recap i cant seem to get a conectivity or theres a limited conectivity on the first one, i try to connect the xbox 360 to it and this apears to be the problem . NOW is this my pc or the xbox cos i dont know and when i connect the xbox 360 to the pc it say on the 360 that theres no windows based pc but after 3 to 5 mins it shows up but when i try to connect to the pc it say unable to connect to computer might be behind firewall but my firewall which is the blueyonder pcgaurd says its fine and its alowing the conection through?

I want to be able to connect to the internet through my pc on my xbox i dont have a router but this should work i need to no if iam to plame or have i got problems with my pc or xbox360!!!! :help:

Thanks to all who help me on this it is much apretiated and iam sorry for the bad spelling. :whistling:

Attached Thumbnails

• CapVTEC.gif

Advertisements