Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please help, epon allinone c6400

• Please log in to reply

Asylum

Asylum

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
When turned on an error message comes across saying to get documention and cal service support. I do not know much about printers but after investigating some on my own(printer was purchased second hand, no warranty) I find that the the devise which holds the ink cartridgages is not moving. Would I be able to reconnect it on my own? if that is even the problem. Am I able to download or aqcuire a print of the internal part of the printer? Where should I start?
Thank You in advance you guys are amazing!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Epson printers clean the print heads when they are switched on, they send the surplus to an ink pad, when the pad is full it asks to be serviced

The pad needs cleaning / replacing, if you want to look at how it is done I can look for the tutorial

Asylum

Asylum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
This sounds like a great place to strat and god willing the perfect place to end. I am out right now but will look as soon as I get back home. Thank you my friend for such a quick response. I hope that is all it is. Could you please see if you could find that tutoral? I am looking as well but have not found one yet. Or just give me a hint as to where it would be located? Thank you

Edited by Asylum, 13 January 2007 - 01:41 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You may be able to reset it with this

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Asylum

Asylum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
ok, I have downloaded and installed that utility. Each time I try to write, check or test the ink it says " devise not found".

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if you can set it in configuration for c6400

http://www.ianwillis.co.uk/c42/

Is the printer on

Asylum

Asylum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yes, everything was turned on. I have it ripped arapt at the moment(praying I can put it back together again) It appears that the cartridge holder is not riding on the belt behind it. This is the best way I can describe it from looking into a few others. I do not want to continue to keep taking it apart and cannot see behind the cartridge holder, do you know of a site that I can see internal pictures of printers to know if there is a piece broke off or how to put the belt back on?

Asylum

Asylum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Nevermind, I have found a site where I could buy the service manual. Thank you for your time and efforts though.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Just found a free one for mine

Thank You for letting me know