Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Computer for Friend...Rate it

• Please log in to reply

Anton1382

Anton1382

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
I just built a computer for one of my friends. He wants to mainly use it for gaming and wanted me to make sure it was Windows Vista capable. So here it is. Please tell me what you think.

Guardian Gaming Case
ASUS P5NSLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 duo @ 2.4GHz
nVidia GeForce 8800GTS
2GB DDR2 @ 667MHz
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
Ultra 550-Watt power supply with Blue LEDs
500GB Raid 0 hard drive
Windows XP Professional

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

Cheers

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

I just built a computer for one of my friends. He wants to mainly use it for gaming and wanted me to make sure it was Windows Vista capable. So here it is. Please tell me what you think.

Guardian Gaming Case
ASUS P5NSLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 duo @ 2.4GHz
nVidia GeForce 8800GTS
2GB DDR2 @ 667MHz
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
Ultra 550-Watt power supply with Blue LEDs
500GB Raid 0 hard drive
Windows XP Professional

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

Cheers

Not bad and the cost will stay down using that mobo and the ddr2 667 ram is usually quite abit cheaper than the ddr2 800 ram. Asus is fine when they work but they do have below average failure / return rate. Yes Below average in my opinion. Overall not to shabby the 8800gts is a fine video card. Ultra make decent stuff aswell.

Make sure the harddrive is 3.0gb/s and has 16mb cache. 500 gb harddrives are alot cheaper than they used to be.