Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 problems!

• Please log in to reply

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Ok the first and easiest problem, how do I remove a user from windows XP? I try to acess it from the control pannel and it wont remove the name, it just locks up. There was a way to do it in DOS but I dont remember how! Please thanks

The second and much much much more important problem is something to do with video. When I first start my computer everything is fine, but after about 5 mins of use, everytime I scroll on a web page the color fades and it gets horosontal (I cant spell!) lines in the page. Its weird when I min the page and bring it back up its clear till I try and move the scroll... its annoying. After a bunch of times where it gets messed up the computer locks up and I have to restart. I am thinking its either the monitor or video card. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to test them without haveing to get another one and switch them out????

Advertisements

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hi there,

First of all for your video card, I have 3 tests
  • Go Start > Run & type dxdiag, then click the Display tab. Does it say 'No problems found.' Under the Notes section? Then try the two tests there, (Test DirectDraw, Test Direct3D)
  • Follow THIS link and try that test also.
Now as for your user accounts, I have no idea how to delete it with DOS, infact ive never even herd of it being so. Anyway I will look into it and get back to you. Try the 3 tests I gave you above and tell me the results.

Edited by bobbobagan, 14 January 2007 - 03:19 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
One way i know how to delete user accounts is to open the Start>Run, and type in

control userpasswords2

There you can select the user account and delete it. I don't have a computer handy right now to test to see if the account is completely gone, but i did do this once a while back to get rid of a corrupt user account.

SRX660