Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nvidia Direct X 10

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
The thing is that computer isnt designed around gaming as it doesnt have a very gd graphics card. Yes you can run every game out with that but just not at playble rates. Troppo has given u a list of parts to build a computer that computer will get double the FPS than that of the pre built computer.

Say to your parents that whatever there looking to do a custom built pc is alot faster (most of the time) and most probably more stable as there is things installed u wont need e.g. tv tuner card

Vista Ultimate needs alot of power im running it on my computer and its not running as nice as it can.

Like i said companys always find the cheapest Components they can find like the RAM for instance "1GB DDR2 RAM" that means its probably the slowest DDR2 RAM you can find as it doesn't tell you the speed of it.

Pre-built computer wont have DirectX 10 cards for along time yet as because of the companys cutting corners. If you want a computer to play games you can either spend double your money on a pre-built gaming pc or get a custom built computer for a computer store etc.

If you asked for advice about the computer but you are not taking into account the other options being given to you. We are trying to help you as if you buy that computer you will be getting ripped off. My m8 bought a pre-built PC and upgraded it but he spent more on his pc than me and his isnt as fast as mine and he still has a rubbish motherboard.

Advertisements

homersimpson2080

homersimpson2080

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I just read about the new direct x 10 compatible graphics cards and was excited that they were releasing mid range gpus' that are much chepaer than the 8800. I was wondering how long will the 8600 and the 8300 to come out. And are they PCI-E. Will the entry level 8300 be a lot better than the nvidia geforce n6600.
Would it make all my other games better as well or not as good
Thanks;