Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This Virus has deflowered my PC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Thrasher0250

Thrasher0250

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I'm not too good with the technical lingo of computers, however I was wondering if you could help me. Basically for no reason at all my computer will restart out of nowhere and send me to this blue screen and then it counts up to 99 and reboots. I've had some viruses for a while and I thought I could get rid of them but they've just grown stronger or something.

I've tried downloading Hijackthis but unfortunately None of the links from google that I tried are working. I hope they don't have a virus lol. I do have a smitfraudfix which is similar and I got a log from there and here it is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SmitFraudFix v2.132

Scan done at 12:06:22.43, Sun 01/14/2007
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\Emanuel\Desktop\Smitfraudfix\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is FAT32
Fix run in safe mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Before SmitFraudFix
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{2C1CD3D7-86AC-4068-93BC-A02304BB2236}"="DCOM Server 2236"

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Killing process

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Generic Renos Fix

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting infected files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting Temp Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"System"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning not selected.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» After SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{2C1CD3D7-86AC-4068-93BC-A02304BB2236}"="DCOM Server 2236"

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My windows is XP and my antivirus/firewall is BITDEFENDER. I also tried restarting in safe mode and using AVG Anti-Spyware (formerly E-wido).

Please help me if you can, I would be indebted, thank you greatly for your time in advance,

Emanuel

Advertisements

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
Try this. Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Thrasher0250

Thrasher0250

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey thank you for your fast response.

I've done what you've asked of me and here is the log file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:34:22 AM, on 15/01/2007
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender9\vsserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Softwin\BITDEF~1\bdmcon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Softwin\BITDEF~1\bdnagent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Softwin\BITDEF~1\bdswitch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared\CapabilityManager.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared\Generic.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Mobile Phone Monitor\epmworker.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca/
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDMCon] C:\PROGRA~1\Softwin\BITDEF~1\bdmcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDNewsAgent] "C:\PROGRA~1\Softwin\BITDEF~1\bdnagent.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDSwitchAgent] "C:\PROGRA~1\Softwin\BITDEF~1\bdswitch.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sony Ericsson PC Suite] "C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe" /startoptions
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by125fd.bay12...es/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebo...otoUploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zon...ro.cab47946.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://www.popcap.co...aploader_v6.cab
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Scan Server (bdss) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender9\vsserv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe" /service (file missing)

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
Please apply Service Pack 1a for Windows XP. Without this update, you're wide open to reinfection and we're both just wasting our time.

Click here: http://www.microsoft...;DisplayLang=en

Apply the update, reboot, and post a fresh Hijack This log.

Edited by Daemon, 15 January 2007 - 01:34 PM.

Thrasher0250

Thrasher0250

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey I downloaded the SP1, However, I do not have a legitimate copy of windows XP, and I know if I install this update it'll screw my PC worse than a virus. Is there another way? If i get reinfected, I'll handle that, but is there another way to handle this other than doing an update?

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
Ah, OK. That unfortunately invokes one of the board rules here:

http://geekstogo.com...?act=boardrules

namely:

• The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.

I'm sorry about that but you need a legitimate version of Windows for us to carry on. If you believe you have a legal copy of Windows then contact Microsoft for assistance with the registration. Otherwise if you obtain a new copy and still require assistance, please contact me and I'd be happy to help out.

Good luck.